It’s time for a Post update:
- After the last newsletter went out in the mail we had members request to not receive a mailed copy. They have said they prefer to check on club and events through Facebook and this web page. Anyone that feels that way can email me through this website with your name and we can take your name off that mailing list.
- AMVETS Post 7 Auxiliary cook book: We should be getting these ready very soon and have them available for purchase at the club. I have already had some out of state requests for books. We should be able to work out a shipping cost for anyone to order through me. The books will be $12 each.
- Just a reminder that we are going to continue to sell burgers and brats on Saturdays from noon to 2pm. We plan to do this year round. Danny and I would like to have some other teams set up to give us a Saturday or two off now and then. Please contact one of us if you could help us out there.
- We also have Wednesday night dinners. Every Wednesday night you can get a home cooked meal at AMVETS for $6 starting at 6PM. No dinner on Christmas eve though.
Lots of events coming up so here we go:
- Friday December 12 is the AMVETS Christmas Party. We will have potluck dinner and Karaoke with Jerry at 7PM.
- We will be open Christmas Eve till 6PM and reopen on December 26 at 11AM.
- January 1 we will stick to our traditional New Years Day events. We will have French toast, scrambled eggs and sausage brunch at 10AM. Free of charge and open to all comers! Tom Patton, our Elvis impersonator, will start the show at 2PM!
- January 16 we will have Karaoke with Jerry.
- January 17 will be the White Elephant Auction by the Ladies Auxiliary.
- January 31 we will have our annual Sausage cook off! Registration can start at 2PM and we will have judging at 3PM. Great prizes for the winners and door prizes for many. Karaoke with Jerry will follow at the completion of the cook off.
- February 7 we will host another Make A Wish Karaoke with Jerry leading the charge at 3PM.
- February 8 is “Holes for Heroes” AMVETS fishing Derby at Lee Lake East of Hawley MN. Check with a member for tickets or fishing and prize information.
- February 14 we have the Coors Chili cook off at 1PM (No Burger/brat sales)
Keep logging in. Stay informed. Thank you.