It’s time for a Post update..
National has sent out renewal notices for annual dues at a rate higher than the Fargo Post has agreed to. The Fargo Post annual dues is $25. If you send in a higher amount we will consider that as a donation to the post. Renewals have been coming in. We have noticed a problem with the return. There was no Avenue # there and the zip code is wrong. You can mail them directly to the Post at 1001, 1st Ave South, Fargo ND 58102.
AMVETS Post 7 Auxiliary cook book
The deadline to send in recipes is November 1st. Send to email@example.com. It has been decided to donate the proceeds from the book sales to “Annie’s House”. That is also the Department Commanders project for the year.
“Annie’s House” is in conjunction with the Bottineau Winter Park. Check them out at www.skiBWP.com. There is an Adaptive Recreation Program for Veterans with Disabilities. If you are a Veteran in North Dakota with a 10% or greater disability and would like to go skiing, ice fishing, snowmobiling, hunting, fishing, camping, canoeing or maybe just relax at the ski lodge, let us know. We may be able to get you there free. Activities included free. The park is open to all but through donations and grants we are getting Veterans with Disabilities special treatment.
Lots of events coming up so here we go:
- Wednesday dinners have started. Come in every Wednesday for a great home cooked meal at 6 PM.
- Halloween Party on October 31st with prizes for the best costumes and Karaoke with Jerry!! 7PM
- Karaoke with Jerry again on November 7th!
- “The 8th of November” remembrance on November 8th at 3PM. Bison Football with chili after.
- Veterans Day on November 11th. S. O. S. served at Noon! Come out and celebrate with Veterans
- “Make A Wish Karaoke” with Jerry is Saturday November 22nd from 3 to 7pm. We will have burgers/cheese burgers and chips available from 5:00 to 7pm for $3. AMVETS will donate $20 for each performer up to $1,000. Cash prizes will be awarded for the best singers.
- We still have Saturday burgers and Brats every Saturday. We now have our own “AMVETS Signature Brats”.
- We are closed on Thanksgiving.
Keep logging in. Stay informed. Thank you.